Tuesday, January 23, 2024

squirrel picking African Tulip tree bark

There's a squirrel family around our apartment building. I've seen them scamper up and down trees. One morning we had kept a tray of green-gram for sunning, the grains were scattered on the sit-out floor. I knew it was a squirrel's work. Despite sighting them often, I'd never caught them photographed them.

Jan 6, 2024, 9-05 AM. I was standing the balcony waving bye to Pushp on her way to work. I heard a shrill cry of a squirrel barely 8' away on the African Tulip tree. The squirrel was squeaking and waving it's bushy tail, looks like it was alarmed at the sight of a human so close by. I remained motionless, watching it for a minute or so, then it calmed down. I went in, grabbed my Canon 550D aimed the extended lens at the squirrel and got a few shots. Below are few clear ones with the squirrel in different positions.

The cute little creature's is always curious. Eye's watching my movements and it's nose sniffing furiously.

It was biting off something from the bark and swallowing it. So this our little friend's breakfast time.

Squirrels are acrobats, they run on the branches, no matter how slender. They jump across branches without any hesitation. They possess amazing control and sense of balance. Wonderful creatures.

Squirrels were regular visitors to a friend's place. Once he discovered that a squirrel had bored a hole through a stack of bedsheets to make a nest for it's babies. With the ruined bedsheets he also discovered how destructive squirrels are which lead to this quote: squirrels are cute looking rodents.

.........

No comments: