Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Midnight bicycle-ride

The thought of a midnight ride occurred almost a year ago. The idea was to start the ride before midnight and end it after midnight. The objective of the exercise was ride across the date changeover and then see what date is assigned to the ride in Zeopoxa and Google Fit. A year went by as the idea waited action. The challenge was staying up that late since we go to bed by 9-15 pm and up by 4-30 am. On Dec 31st morning, after a 30+ km ride, while chatting over tea, I decided to complete this pending item, no matter what. An interesting English action movie of 1973 helped me stay awake. The ride started at 11-46 pm, I rode the main streets, went up to KCD Circle and returned, covering 7.2 km in 30 minutes. I went round KCD Circle at a minute past midnight, first half in 2023 and second half in 2024. Both Zeopoxa and Google Fit showed the ride under Jan 2024 which was my guess as well.

Having done this experiment, I literally rode into Year 2024.

BTW, six days ago i.e. on Dec 25th, another long time task was completed- the 100 km cross-country ride.

.........

No comments: