Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Parijata ~ ಪಾರಿಜಾತ

I was visiting botanical gardens after a long time. The garden was more like a jungle, with regular rainfall there was lot of vegetation. Branches were shooting onto the footpaths making them narrower. Though there was so much vegetation, there were very few flowers,, the ones which grew throughout the year. I happened to notice the Parijata tree as I was heading back towards the gate. Not many flowers on the tree at this time, probably the flowers were picked in the morning. I was lucky the rain was light and short. The second spell was approaching, I'd quickly snapped a few shots and made haste.

parijata flower ಪಾರಿಜಾತ ಹೂವು
dated flower, ready to fall

parijata ಪಾರಿಜಾತ ಹೂವು ಎಲೆ
the tree didn't want to let go

parijata seed ಪಾರಿಜಾತ ಎಲೆ ಬೀಜ
seeds developing inside these tender pods 

No comments: